Monday, January 10, 2011

Eeet iz aaaaht



What do you see?

I had this picture for a while now thinking of why I had this picture of my coffee in a mug... with coffee dregs in it. I slapped something on it and now it's evocative.
I wanted to say something about how an artist views the mundane and unnoticed and thinks hey, it's God-given, creative and natural. It's art, to one, to another. To me, it was just my coffee dregs in a cup. Here's how the artful BS would go:
"The swills around my leftover cup of coffee describes the last dregs of energy I'm getting from it." I would insert some laments and coffee-and-energy related phrases but I think you get the idea...
No...? Well. Just because someone tells you their unerring belief in anything, it's an opinion that you don't have to share. The Louvre features a smorgasborg of art, generally accepted art... but it's not like you love each and every bit of all of them by all the artists featured. At one point, you'll back off from a disturbing piece that another would rave about.
How does art make you feel? What emotions are stirred? How do you see yourself in art? Why is it art?

No comments:

Post a Comment